Monday, April 15, 2013

Vintage Picture In A Mason Jar! " We"re a DYNAMIC DUO!


Hello my Crafty Friends and Happy Monday. 
Today I have a really cool project to share with you. This week the  Design Team over at Joy's Life were asked to use a recycled item on their projects. I really had no ideal what I was going to do until I came across this wonderful project while searching the Internet using old Mason Jars over at  Suzy Sit Com

( my sister Debby and myself when we were much much younger!)
 It has been a while since I did anything different when it comes to crafting so I thought this would be a fun project to try.

The first thing I had to do was go over to my sisters Facebook page and grab a copy of this photo of my big sister and myself . 
I don't know if you would consider the picture vintage but let me tell you it is pretty darn old! When I called Debby and asked her about the photo she was able to narrowed it down to about 57 years old. She said it was taken on St. France Street.in Fort William Ontario, before we moved to Edmonton in 1956. Debby is the oldest and if you look really careful at the picture you can see the big pout on her face! ( guess she could get some use out of the stamp I used in last weeks project! LOL!)
 Anyway enough about us...lets get on with the project!
The first step was to insert the picture into the old mason jar (this is the front of the mason jar)
( a shot of the back with all the pretty flowers)
then a few flowers in behind the photo to fill the empty space. Next step was to add the vegetable oil to cover it completely, now put on the lid and tighten it up good so it does not leak. ( The vegetable oil will suspend the picture and flowers without penetrating them.)

This was all there was to the project over at Suzy's Sit Com but I decided to kick it up a notch or two!
 I went into my stash and pulled out a bunch of things that might make it look really good and pretty, this included some more flowers, cream lace, pearls, crinkled ribbon and a butterfly . Now it was time to picked out my sentiment for the tag.

The tag is very simple but the sentiment says it all.
we're a DYNAMIC DUO
Yes this is my big Sis and Me........a  Dynamic Duo!
From Joy's Life.com
"My Hero"
This is just one of the three new sets, just newly released! So head on over to Joy's Life.com Products and check them out!.

For the top of the jar I used a Spellbinder to cut the circle using Kraft Journal Card Stock and then ran it through the cuttlebug to emboss it, from there I added a pretty bow, flower and the butterfly.
 I hope you enjoyed today's project. I also hope that I just might have inspired you to try one of these Vintage Frame Mason Jars. They are truly beautiful and I can think of a thousand different places and occasions that they would look great.
As always thanks for stopping bye.
I am entering this project over at D.L. Art Thankful Thursday April Linky Challenge

7 comments:

Nana said...

What a beautiful creation here. You have inspired me to give this a try. Love the way you decorated the top with the flower.

Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Sherrie K. said...

Holy smokes Jenny!! This is AMAZING and I have all kind of thoughts for gift giving running thru my brain. I LOVE this! The way you decorated to top is fabulous too!! TFS! I will have to give this a try!
Hope your having a great week my friend!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

What a fun project!! I love the photo and how you put this together! I love it!! And.. I didn't know you were from Edmonton!! So fun to find scrappy friends where you live!

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hey Jenny!! How are you?? I have missed seeing all of your fabulous work!! I just love this, and I love the picture! You guys were so cute, and not that old!! Great job!! Karen♥

DIANA L. said...

AWWWWWWHHHHH!! THis is so cute Jenny What a great gift I love the top of the jar. Perfect!!
I love the photo
Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes April Linky Party
DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Beautiful!! Love this idea for a gift. Never would have thought you could use veg oil this way. Very clever. Have a great day my friend.

peewee said...

What an amazing project! Just beautiful! You never cease to impress me!