Friday, September 28, 2012

Birthday Celebrations!

This weeks challenge over at Fantabulous Cricut is all about Birthdays! Well it just so happens my nephews little girl Paige is turning one next month so I thought I would get cracking and get her birthday card made and join in the fun at a couple of my favorite challenge blogs.

For the Birthday Celebrations challenge at Fantabulous Cricut you must include a candle, so I used this wonderful birthday paper by Imaginisce and then dug out my Seasame Street Font Cricut cartridge. I decided on the #1 Elmo since this is her first Birthday and Paige just loves Elmo! This was cut it at 3 inches and it was such a breeze to put together.

The inside of the card has a simple Birthday sentiment by Stampin Up. I then decided to cut a tag of Elmo waving from the same cartridge and cut it at 2.5 inches to fill up the empty space.
 
(I will try and upload the video later tonight...I am having trouble with blogger right now.)

I am also going to enter this card in this weeks challenge over at Action Wobbles. This weeks challenge - anything goes but must include Polka Dots! If you look closely at the candles on the background paper some  have polka dots and my action wobble is under Elmo himself on the front of the card. How fun is that. I can just see her pretty big eyes when she see it go wobble wobble!
As always thanks for stopping bye and leaving your comments, have a fun and safe weekend.

10 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What an adorable card! I love Elmo and the papers you used are super cute. Love the inside as well - what a fun card!

Melissa said...

Your project is really cute..outside & inside!! Elmo is adorable!! Thanks for joining us in the challenge this week at FCCB!
Melissa
FCCB DT - Scrappin' Saturday
scrappymacdesigns.blogspot.com

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What an adorable card with Elmo and the big one. Love this! Thanks for sharing at FCCB.

Tammy Schmitt said...

My 2yo got excited when he saw your Elmo card on my computer. He kept saying "Elmo Elmo". I think I am going to break down and get this cart. Thanks for joining us at FCCB. Hope to see you again next week:-)

~Tammy S

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Super cute b-day card! Love that you added the action wobble. TFS.

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com/

Sherrie K. said...

Oh Jenny, this is so adorable! I just love the inside of your card too!! Arya loves Elmo:) I can't wait to start on some of her decorations for her 1st birthday! Fabulous!
Sherrie K
http;//sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Gail said...

Great Card Jenny! My grandson is 18 months and loves Elmo - I have the Elmo birthday party cartridge - this is a great idea!

Rosie said...

this card is soooo cute, love the inside of the card also


rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Kate said...

I so love your Elmo Card. Adorable. Thanks for joining us over at Action Wobble Challenge Blog.

DebC said...

This is ADORABLE Jenny!!
Deb C
bugjuiced