Wednesday, February 22, 2012

BRRRR! Baby it's Cold Outside!

Today I have another 12 X 12 layout for you following another wonderful sketch that I found over at Colourful Creations.
This is the sketch for challenge #4, and here is my take on it!


I used Stretch Your Imagination for the snowman cut, this is not one of my favorite cartridges, but since I had made a promise to myself to use all my cartridges this year I thought this would be a good time to get this one out of the way, since I needed something very tall and skinny for the side of the page!

 I added black Buttons Brads for his eyes and mouth and used a shinny hot pink glimmer paper for the top hat and scarf to match my granddaughter Katie's winter coat.

Both the title and snowflakes were cut from Winter Woodland, I then added blue glitter to my snowflakes and put a  snowflake brad in the middle.

This picture is from last year when it never seemed to stop snowing. We had no where to put the white stuff by the end of winter, we have pictures showing the snow banks as tall as my daughter. I was never so glad to see a winter come to a end as I was then! But I must admit..it makes good scrapbooking pages!!!!
I am also going to enter this layout in the challenge over at Frosted Designs: This weeks challenge is to use Brads.
Next challenge is for Getting Scrappy Challenge
This weeks challenge is for the love of Bling!
As always my Crafty friends, thanks for stopping bye and leaving me some love...your comments really do inspire me to keep on creating. Have a great week!

8 comments:

Deborah said...

Brrrr - so cute! As usual you did a great job. Big Sis. Xoxo

Joni Parker said...

So cute how you used brads for the face!!! Thanks for joining us the week at Frosted Designs!!

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a fun layout! You did a great job using the sketch!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Oh Jenny, your layout is so super cute!! I just love adorable snowman and all the bling.. You should totally enter your layout in my Getting Scrappy Challenge.. Here's the link if your interested: http://amandascraftsandmore.blogspot.com/2012/02/getting-scrappy-challenge_19.html

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

What a great LO! I love the sketch you used and the bling of course, hehehe! Thanks for joining us at the Getting Scrappy Challenge!
Lisa
GSDT

Michelle (scrappinforkenzie) said...

Your snowman works perfectly on this page and I love all your blingy snowflakes! Thank you for entering in our Getting Scrappy challenge!

Jens Craft Corner said...

This is such a fun layout! I love the snowman! Thank you for linking up to the Getting Scrappy Challenge.

ScrappinT said...

What an adorable layout! Your work is just wonderful! Thank you for entering this on Getting Scrappy!
Teresa
GSDT