Monday, May 2, 2011

My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #6 Mothers Day






It's Monday and time for My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #6
This weeks challenge is Mothers Day and

Kimberly is giving away a awesome prize to the winner.


Please stop over to her blog and check it out.


Here is my project for this weeks challenge.




My Mother was my Best Friend!
Not a day goes by that I do not think about her .


Before she passed away I decided to made a Scrapbook of her life for a Christmas
present. It turned out to be two binder full, and she just cherished it.
It started out with her Grandparents, before she was even born. I had help from my sisters,
and even some of the grand kids did a page or two.


So many wonderful storys and memories are in this book.
There are even love letter from my parents from the earlier years of there marriage!


I learned so much about my Mother when I made this album,
I asked a million questions about her life and I am so glad I did,


little did we know this would be the last Christmas she would be with us.



It is hard to believe it has been six years already since she left us!
Someday when I am gone, these albums will be passed onto my daughter.
This is the final page of her scrapbook.
This is for you Mom!
Happy Mother Days
I love you and Miss You!


Material used for this layout were:
Kool Crystals Slide Charms ( MOM )
Say It in Crystals ( Bling)
Kimberly Poloson Double sided Card stock
Cricut Cartridges used:
Storybook
George & Basic Shapes

I am going to enter this layout over at Hoo's Crafty for their Morther Day Challenge.
Be sure to play along in the challenge!
I can't wait to see your wonderful projects!
As always Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Sharla said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mother, the album you made for her and of her will be a cherished treasure to your family for many generations. Beautiful work.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Beautiful!! What a treasure this is!

Kimberly

christys_scrappin said...

You made me cry Mom! I miss her lots too! Sigh! Great job....AS ALWAYS! XOXO

DebC said...

Really sweet project Jenny. I wish I would have saved pictures from years ago. You get so busy with your everyday life when your working, raising kids etc. and you don't realize how quickly time passes you by. Then one day you wish you have savored more moments, taken more pictures and spent more time with loved ones. You did a beautiful layout!
Hugs,
Deb C

Grandma Bugs Place said...

Lovely. Just lovely.
Marcie

Deborah said...

Awww Jenny you brought tears to my eyes again! Love the layout and Mom is smiling in Heaven! xxx

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

This is so touching and such a lovely page. I cried reading this. Last fall I had wanted my father to help make a scrapbook about his life for my children because he was such an important part of their lives but he was diagnosed and gone before we had the chance. Everyday I wish I had more time with him. I still plan on making a scrapbook when I can bear to do it. I'm sure your family will cherish this forever! Thanks for sharing this beautiful LO with us!

mamawcindy said...

Oh,How wonderful that you got to make this for your Mom.I'm sure she Loved It!!! Now It something that can be Cherished and passed down. Thanks for Sharing.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

What a wonderful tribute to your Mom.
Your page is beautiful.

baconrb said...

You had such a wonderful relationship with your mother! This is a beautiful tribute to her. Very nice layout!