Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fantabulous Cricut Challenge #60: Elderly People!

This picture was taken in Haddenham England in 2006. This is my brother in law Ian...... and if you can believe it, this sign is for real. Well, Ian is going to celebrate his 65Th birthday on May 21st. So I thought I had better get cracking and make him a Birthday card.

So this is what I came up with!


Ready to get into shape?


This weeks challenge at Fantabulous Cricut.
is to use not just one shape....but two. You must use a triangle and a rectangle.
Next challenge I will enter is Creative Sisters Monday Challenge #8:


anything Birthday.




The card is 5X5. This awesome twine can be purchased from My Craft Spot.




Cricut cartridges used were: Disney Cars and George and Basic Shapes
I found the verse on the internet and used my printer and white cardstock.




I sure hope Ian likes the card, and finds the humor in it!
Happy Birthday Ian and here's to another 65!

14 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

OMG! This sign is just too funny! What a super card!

Cheryl said...

LOL love it!! You did an excellent job of "lifting" that sign.

thekolbes said...

LOL I love it. He will really get a kick out of it. Thanks for sharing
Trish

hilda'scraftylounge said...

That is too clever and funny He'll love it

DebC said...

Jenny this card is too cute!! Your card looks exactly like the sign you did a great job! Did you use SCAL?? This is perfect he should really like it! That is quite the sign!

Hugs,
Deb

Deborah said...

This is just great Jenny - Ian will love it. And just to let everyone know - Jenny created the card before she ever saw the picture! When she was telling me about the card, I laughed and told her I had taken a picture of my hubby in front of a sign just like she described to me. XXX

Cricutjunkie said...

What a unique card. Great job.
Traci

DIANA L. said...

This is hilarious I love it.

SiskiyouSue said...

So funny! I'm going to steal the idea for a friend. Thank you!

Kate said...

I HOWLED when I saw this!!! We laugh whenever we see this sign on trips to England. We even have a photo of my father hunched by the sign. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! I'm sure Ian will get a huge kick out of it, too!
Thanks so much for playing along at FCCB - and for reminding me of a great memory!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Linda Therrien said...

this sign is so hilarious!! You don't see those signs here in the US! Great job.

Thank you for entering it in Creative Sisters Monday Challenges.

Linda
www.lindascreativity.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

LOL! What a fun card! You did a great job with the challenge. I am so glad that you joined us this week at FCCB!

Saundra said...

How funny! This is just a great card. I love the sentiment. Thanks for playing at FCCB!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Hilarious!! I love your card and had a good laugh! Thanks for sharing!!

Kimberly
My Craft Spot