Saturday, September 11, 2010

Our Dream Home! A Labour Of Love Or Divorce?






Once again Fantabulous Cricut Has another great challenge this week. It is challenge #26 and you are to create a project that has something to do with work, a job, labour or something like that.
So my project I decided to do a layout of when we first purchased our new Dream Home. I was out for a walk one day with are dog and I noticed some new show homes had gone up over the winter. So of course I just had to stop in and have a look. Well I just fell in love with the Huntington 2 and ran home to tell hubby all about it. He thought I was totally nuts, we had just paid off the one we were in and finally mortgage free, but being the good guy he is. He did say we could go and have a look. Well after a lot of sad faces and tears I finally broke him down and we signed the purchase of agreement papers.
Now the reason I say this was labour is because it was just that, picking the paint colours, tiles, brick etc... was hair raising. Man he peed me off more than once, it was my dream house and I wanted it my way or no way. You have to understand my mom was dying and I was just so depressed, there was no making me happy. Anyway we made it through without getting a divorce and we both just love the house!
So for this project I used Everyday Dress Up Dolls for all the cuts. I found the cutest little tools and brads that looked like screws, that I had forgotten I even had, in my wonderful stash of goodies.
Hope you enjoy my project.

12 comments:

Melissa said...

WOW!!!! Girl...this is FABULOUS!!!!! and great that you BOTH survived!!!

The Cropping Canuck said...

This is great!

Kate said...

What a fabulous layout! I loved reading your story too. So glad that you and your hubby survived the dream house build! And I'm sorry to read about your mum too.
Thanks for playing along at FCCB this week!

Michelle said...

great layout !!! loved everything about it!!!

Valerie said...

Your dump truck and construction details are wonderful! A great layout. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week:)

Amy said...

Great layout!! Love the journaling!

Sherri said...

Wonderful layout........It really came out great! And what a nice memory!

Thanks for being so Fantabulous!

Penny Light/Light Whimsy said...

I loved reading your story too. So glad that you and your hubby survived the dream house build! And I'm sorry to read about your mom too. I loved the dump truck and the really nice colors. Thanks for joining us at Fantabulous Cricut with your labor day creation

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

This is so darling, I've never seen anything like it before so impressive! You really should consider entering some of your pretty projects over at Papercraft Star. It's a unique challenge blog that allow participants and the public to vote on their favorites, the challenges are posted way in advance to give you plenty of time to get your projects ready and you can win prizes too! http://www.papercraftstar.blogspot.com

(this post corrects the web address, sorry)

Stampleigh said...

I love your title! We built our house and felt the same way! Thanks for playing FCCB! Leigh

Unknown said...

Totally fabulous! This is what scrapping is all about! Documenting our memories. I LOVE what you have done with this LO and the story you shared. Did you consider putting this in a frame to hang in your home? TFS:)

Stephanie